Subject: Inquiry Regarding BVLOS Operations with DJI Dock Systems
From: "Maarika Rump" <[email-masked]>
To: "Maarika Rump" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2025 11:39:52 +0300

Saatja: Laura González Combrink <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Saatmisaeg: kolmapäev, 13. august 2025 18:40
Adressaat: Priit Rifk <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Olga Tkach 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >; Mait 
Rõõmus <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
 >
Teema: Inquiry Regarding BVLOS Operations with DJI Dock Systems

Dear all,

I'm writing to you about a new topic related to one of our clients (Operator 
Geodesia), a land surveyor working with power lines, construction sites, and 
geospatial measurements. He’s looking to operate DJI Dock systems (Dock 3 
and possibly Dock 2) with drones such as the Matrice 4E, apart from other 
UAS like the M300, and Matrice 3 series.

The operations would take place over both sparsely populated and populated 
areas (roads, construction zones, and similar environments). No assemblies 
of people are involved, and while some sites may be controlled, others may 
not be because of roads in between.

We’re exploring the possibility of a generic BVLOS authorization for these 
types of missions. A few questions I’d love your input on:

*	Is a generic BVLOS approval possible in Estonia, or do you require 
site-specific applications?
*	Is there a defined maximum BVLOS range or operational radius?
*	If the operator equips the drones with a compliant parachute and FTS 
system, could this setup potentially fall under SAIL II?
*	Are there any specific considerations for flying over populated areas 
(excluding crowds)?

We’re happy to follow any additional requirements you may have and would 
appreciate your guidance on how best to proceed.

Thank you very much in advance, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Kind regards

Laura González Combrink

Consultant
AirHub Consultancy

M:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
W:  <http://www.airhub.app/> www.airhub.app